Monday, December 14, 2015

A Dream Turned Reality

In the 7th grade I had a Social Studies textbook with a photograph of a bunch of hot air balloons on the cover. I can recall staring at that picture for a long time captivated by the thought of being in one of those. The photo caption said "The Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, New Mexico. I thought to myself, "One day, I'm going to go there and fly in a hot air balloon!" I had decided that was something I would do one day, and that was it!
Fast forward to 2015, and it was still one of my life-long dreams. Years ago I looked into how much it would cost to fly in a hot air balloon here in Florida, and it wasn't unreasonable, but it was something I would have to save for. Despite the fact that I could always do it, my dream was to go to Albuquerque, New Mexico and do it!

My older brother had been stationed in New Mexico (hours away from Albuquerque) and I had gone to visit him, but the opportunity to fly in a hot air balloon was still not there. I must admit, I wasn't really focused on it, and at the time I visited him (in 2010) I didn't really know about the Law of Attraction, or that whatever you set your mind too, it will happen! I thought hopefully, one day I would be  lucky enough to fly in one... maybe.

He moved away from New Mexico and in 2012 was stationed back in New Mexico, only this time, Albuquerque! Knowing about the Law of Attraction, I decided I would definitely do it finally! I would go visit my brother for my birthday (which also happened to be Thanksgiving this year) and I would save up enough money to fly in one!

I kept asking my brother who I should contact, and about how much would it cost, but he would put it off and change the subject every time, which I thought nothing of. When I arrived in Albuquerque, I asked my Sister-in-law and she told me I won't be able to fly because the winds were too strong and the temperature would be too cold. "Sorry", she said. Bursting my bubble (pun intended) I got a little sad, since I had my heart set on finally experiencing it, I quickly changed my attitude and thought, "Whatever, I guess I'll just have to do it back in Florida. Either way, I'm doing it, and whatever way I do it, will be perfect".

See, there is a very important ingredient to the Law of Attraction, it's knowing that no matter what, it will be realized. Whenever something doesn't seem to be going the way you planned, you must keep a sense of ease, faith, and going with the flow.

The 3rd day of being there, we picked my parents up from the airport and my brother had something planned for us. It was a mountain tour or something like that. All he said was, we have to be there by 2:30pm! I didn't ask any questions, I figured there was a metro or something we would be catching for a tour.

We pulled up to an empty lot in the middle of nowhere and he introduced me to a friend of his who is a balloon pilot. He had arranged, as my birthday gift, a balloon flight for me and my boyfriend! Not only that, but my family and I got to help completely construct and fill the balloon as well!

So, there I was, in the basket of a hot air balloon going up, up and I realized there was no stopping, I'm too deep (or high, for that matter) to cancel now! In under a minute we were so high up I couldn't clearly see my family anymore, they were little dots waaaaaay down below. Immediately I grasped the reality that I'm floating thousands of feet in the sky in a BASKET! There were no seatbelts or parachutes... Just this huge balloon, fire, a basket, a pilot and my boyfriend... oh, and faith!

That flood of emotion only lasted about the first 4 or 5 minutes, because I interrupted that thought as soon as I realized it was ruining my experience. So, I envisioned my landing and hugging my family in celebration, as a way of affirming my faith, and I soaked everything else in! I almost forgot to record and take pictures once we were floating around because I wanted to be the most present as possible. It was incredible! I could see the Rio Grande, the entire city of Albuquerque, Rio Ranchos, and the Sandia Mountains. It was an adrenaline rush followed by amazement, gratitude and peace.

After so many years, I REALized (as in manifested) an experience I had always wanted. Every time I would see or talk about hot air ballooning, I would always say, in faith "I will ride one, one day!".

Is that something that you have experienced?
Have faith in it happening, all of it!



2 comments:

  1. What an inspiring story. Keep going Luisa. You are awesome.🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cheryl for reading and commenting! You are always cheering me on and I appreciate you so much! :-)

      Delete