Tuesday, October 13, 2015

4/2/2012

Dear Journal,
I made it another exciting day! I told my parents that I had not been accepted into the masters program and at first they had begun pushing me towards considering law school.
All my life they suggested I take that path. But the truth is, I want to be an artist! I could become a lawyer, but then I would start my career with $50,000 in debt and a job I wouldn’t truly enjoy.
I know from the bottom of my heart I will be a very successful artist! I told my parents that I am going to pursue my dream to be an artist and one day I will make them proud. I must have struck a chord because my Mom wrote me a really sweet email about how they are already very proud of me and how they support me 100% in my art.
That is exactly what I needed! I feel very happy about it! I know that all they want is for me to be happy and in a good place, but I also don’t want them to worry about me because they deserve to be happy!
I am deeply considering the BFA program, now that I have their full support. But here is the thing: The “how” has become increasingly clearer as time has progressed. My original plan to become a successful artist was going to be through the master’s program. Quitting my job and creating my portfolio for entrance into the program made me realize that with this schedule I can create an actual collection to be sold in a gallery! I can focus on advancing my skills by allowing Source to bring me ideas.
The exciting part about being an artist is that I can only get better. It’s like I do one [painting] and I’m like, “Wow! This one is so much better than the last one!” All of them have been that way. So, I look at my latest painting in amazement and see the remainder of my collection being even more and more brilliant! Not only do I see a massive improving collection, but I see people being really touched by my art! I want to inspire the child within us all, the curiosity of the mysteries of life, and the fact that we are masters of our lives and that we can achieve all of our dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment