Tuesday, October 13, 2015

"Beliefs" written 12/01/14

"A belief is just a thought you keep thinking." ~ Abraham Hicks
Today I was listening to one of my favorite audios called "The Vortex" by The Teachings of Abraham (Esther and Jerry Hicks). I must have listened to this particular cd at least 50 times because I found myself wording along with Abraham. What I find most interesting about listening to teachings is how the mind can "hear" new things even after listening to the same stuff so many times.
The fact is, you definitely don't know what you don't know. Ha, and I used to be one of those people so certain that I knew something; I would roll my eyes at someone so pompously certain in their beliefs and think to myself, "Why on Earth would you ever believe something so WRONG?"
Now, I humble myself. I was the wrong one. All that time. It wasn't even the comparison of beliefs (mine vs theirs) that made me wrong, it was my judgement that made me wrong. The fact is, if you believe it, it is so. (PERIOD)
If you believe it, it is so. Wow, if I believe it then it is so? Wait a minute... you mean, if I believe it, then it is so? That doesn't make sense, so if I believe I can fly, then it is so?
-Yep.
-So, go jump off a building?
-No, you will fall, because there is the law of gravity. But get in a plane, and you will fly. How about Hang Gliding? Have you seen the flying man who wears the jet powered wings? This is all because people BELIEVE it is possible.
So, let's get down to this belief thing. Maybe all of your life you have had someone (probably someone very close to you) tell you, "You can't do that!" or "You'll never be that." or "Why even bother, you're too stupid, or fat or lazy..." So, over the years you have created within you a belief that you CAN'T. So every day you prove it to yourself that the belief you hold is true.
And now, we know, a belief is just a thought you keep thinking. Think about it! Ask any one person who has succeeded at anything and ask them if they believed they could do it! They will all say it, "Yes, I saw myself doing it." or "Yes, I just knew I could do it."
And I wonder, what makes them any different from you or me? Surely, they are smarter! Or they probably were born with some skill I don't have, or their parents have money. Pffft!
Look, how many stories do you have to hear or read before you believe you are JUST as capable as ANYONE else to accomplish your dreams? A belief is just a thought you keep thinking! So what are you thinking? That you can or can't? What's funny is whatever it is, you are absolutely right! If you think you can or think you can't, that is the result you will see everytime.
Try something different. Wake up and tell yourself you can. Flush out that puny little voice in your head saying you can't. Because you CAN!
How about just tell yourself over and over and over and over. Tell other people, even if they look at you funny. Like, "Hi, I'm so beautiful! Oh my goodness, I don't understand how so much beauty can be in one person? It is AMAZING, how beautiful I am!"
Oh, wait, but that is so conceited! Why would you ever go around saying that about yourself? Because you DESERVE it! Who cares what people think about you if you LOVE yourself? Why should you be expected to lessen your self view for ANYONE ELSE?
A belief is just a thought you keep thinking over and over again. And soon enough you will have said it so many times that it becomes truth to you, and watch how the people around you will notice the truth that you have created!!
Love and Peace to each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment