Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The day after I broke up with my boyfriend 6/5/2012

I figured that the “good” out of all of this is that now I can focus 100% of my time to my artwork. Today is the 5th which means I have 25 days before my next rent payment (which I am prepared to pay) but to make a goal and focus on not “pushing” it, I want to have my 15 paintings completed, framed, photographed, put in my portfolio and have all of my marketing materials sent out. Perfect example is that I had the whole day to paint and I completed my 14th piece! I have one more canvas and a few ideas. I’m not sure yet whichone I will be using, but I know it’s going to be awesome!
This is a good thing! I’m feeling a lot of emotions and I am battling the sad feelings but right now it feels so sudden this change.
What’s crazy is just this Sunday we went to church together and I prayed to God and I literally said, “God, I open my life up to you 100%for you to make the necessary changes that will bring me to the life you and I want. I trust in you.”
Then 24 hours later my boyfriend is leaving? That is definitely not something I can ignore. I am sad that it came to this. I love [him] so very much. And I learned so much from him. I will never be able to go back to being closed minded to the way I see and understand how life works.
I don’t know exactly how my future will play out, but I know that I will be incredibly happy. Sometimes there are people who came into your life for a day, a season or a lifetime, but each person and experience is equally important. At least we were able to share our happiness, however brief, that doesn’t matter. I know that I gotten this far because [he] was in my life when he was.  He was a great supporter of my work and he shared his feedback about my pieces. And for that I am so grateful.
I am trying to not be angry about this because I know that he never had a malicious thought against me or wanted to hurt me. Unfortunately, his situation is not in alignment with the rest of my life and I had to see that. Lesson learned.
I followed this with a long list of things I was grateful for because despite any challenge or lesson, life is always still good! I can tell you that he and I are still friends and I haven’t thought a single bad thing about him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment