Tuesday, October 13, 2015

First Journal Entry 3/19/2012

Dear Journal,
My mind races in finding where to begin. Today I am 26 years old and living in Tampa, Florida. I’ve decided to begin tracking my accomplishments and the “coincidences” that happen to get me where I want to go.
My ultimate goal is to make a difference in millions of people’s lives through my artwork. I want to bless my art with an energy that touches every viewer. I want to impact and inspire them. I have no real professional training, which makes no difference to me. Art is an expressive form. Either you like it or you don’t. Either way, it does not diminish the value of that art in any way.
A lot of people suggested I should go to the local markets and try selling them for a few hundred dollars, but that is nowhere close to where I want to value my work. These are more than just swirls of paint that look “pretty” and “match the curtains”. These are stories, each one of them.
I need to write an artist statement. I’m not sure if I should include the fact that I only took one semester of college level art courses and that my degree is in Public Relations. I want people to take me seriously. I just know the right words will come to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment